Wednesday, March 15, 2006

More progress

I'm back to about where I was before I stumbled and pulled my muscle. Definitely the most helpful thing is water exercising, especially followed by a brief loll in the hot tub. I don't know how physically therapeutic that is, but it's definitely an emotional boost. I hadn't realized how much I'd miss being able to have a hot bath. I'm concerned about lowering myself into the tub -- with the sliding glass doors, it doesn't seem as if there's room to put in a grip for assistance. So I guess I'll stick with showers at home and enjoy the hot tub with steps down into it at the rec center.

Tip on managing pain: A flannel pillowcase makes a great cover for an ice pack.

Discovered another blog mentioning hip surgery: Likely Story, which led me to Periacetabular Osteotomy journal (last updated September 14, 2005) and this resource: Hip Universe.

Tag:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home